Thursday, July 29, 2010

St. Anne's Reel tablature

Here's the tab for the lower register variation of St. Anne's Reel I mentioned in a post last week:


Though it's not mentioned on the document, there should be a capo at the 2nd fret. I think I'm going to continue and tab out some more breaks for this tune. It's kinda cathartic.

Since there's an involved discussion on Flatpick-L this week about the merits of ear training (and also just to generally help whoever might want to learn this break), here's a recording of the break. It's played at about 195 bpm.


(Disclosure: I'm aware that this is not a gorgeous performance, despite my mention in an earlier post about trying to highlight the prettiness of the tune. I'm still working on this variation, I just wanted to upload it while it was still on my mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment