Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bury Me Beneath the Willow

The recordings I listened to varied quite a bit in key and tempo--from about 120 bpm to 207 bpm, with keys wherever suited the voice.  I recorded in 10 bpm increments, covering the range of performance tempos I heard, in the key of G (my usual singing key for this tune).  Because the chords are eactly the same in the verse and the chorus, it was hard to keep track while recording these, so I used a loose strummy feel in the verse and a boom-chuck pattern in the chorus to differentiate.  I play verse and chorus 4 times.

Bury Me Beneath the Willow 110 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 120 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 130 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 140 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 150 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 160 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 170 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 180 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 190 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 200 bpm
Bury Me Beneath the Willow 210 bpm
and a zip file of all tempos (41.3 MB)

The chords in this key are:
| G | G | C | C | G | G | D | D |
| G | G | C | C | G | D | G | G |
and are the same for both the verse and chorus.

Tabs:
Mandozine (mandolin tabs)
Jamey Pittman's crosspicked guitar arrangement
Unfortunately, none of these tabs are in G.

Youtubes:

My stab on guitar and mando

Chris Thile and Michael Daves




1 comment: