Sunday, January 31, 2021

New Tabs

 Hi, everybody. I just linked a bunch of new tabs on the sidebar to the left (desktop view). Arkansas Traveler, Blackberry Blossom, Bury Me Beneath the Willow, Cattle in the Cane, Cuckoo's Nest, Drowsy Maggie, Forked Deer, Leather Britches, Lonesome Fiddle Blues, Nine Pound Hammer, Salt Creek, Soldier's Joy, Temperance Reel, and What a Friend We Have in Jesus.

I'm sure there are mistakes and oversights to tweak in these arrangements. Let me know if you find things to fix. They are mostly simpler arrangements, made for a guitar student--not contest arrangements. 

Hope you're all doing well & getting plenty of picking in.


Also, I've started doing some flatpick-related streaming: 

On Friday nights (7:30 pm Eastern Time), I do a Youtube jam-along stream where I play bluegrass jam standards, starting at a slower tempo and speeding up as the jam goes along. I try to show the chords on the screen for each tune as we play it, and leave spaces where I just play rhythm so you can take instrumental breaks. However, this coming Friday (Feb 5th), I won't be doing the Friday night stream due to family plans. I'll try to post a reminder here when I pick back up on Feb 12th. Here's the link: The Flatpick Apprentice - YouTube

On Wednesday and Sunday nights (also 7:30 pm Eastern Time), I do streams on Twitch where I play a little more variety of songs, and take requests (if I know them). Those are more like a mini-concert, though people of course can and do pick along with the songs. Here's the link: TheFlatpickApprentice - Twitch

If you stop by a stream, say hi and let me know you came from the blog. Hopefully I'll see you there!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dave
    You mention tab for blackberry blossom above but I can’t see it on the left. Otherwise great work and thanks for sharing!
    Gwyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Gwyn, sorry about that and sorry about the slow response. I just updated the sidebar, you should see it there (if not, try hitting refresh).

      Delete
  2. Thanks Dave!
    Love your work!
    Gwyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I am anonymous, I play OT banjo, and hadn’t picked a guitar seriously in over 40 years. So I picked it back. I’m still learning rhythm styles to play with my OT jam friends and family, but I have so many banjo tunes I’d like to learn to flatpick. Seems you are a very generous soul, so subscribing on youtube and bookmarking.
    Thanks. Brian

    ReplyDelete